Friday, October 7, 2011

MELANOMA LEAVE!

Update:  So, the pain I have felt the last two days has been worse than anything I could even explain (coming from a girl who pushed for 2 1/2 hours dilated at 10 with no epidural with Z..HIGH pain tolerance). I essentially was paralyzed at my hip and any movement would cause me to get sick.  REALLY SICK.  On so many pain meds and bed ridden for 2 days. I've needed to be lifted out of bed so I can crawl to the bathroom and literally have felt like I had no use in my left leg with excruciating pain.  This of course means no sleep for anyone and very uncomfortable.  I've been in the ER twice..  Haven't eaten in 2 days.  I feel badly Jeff had to cancel his time away with Colby and the boys, but it's been a fight over here.  

Today, I took 1 BRAF pill: 

I'M WALKING!  WITH A LIMP, BUT I'M WALKING"  I also ate a small meal.  Here's the tricky part, my rash is coming back.  GOOD LORD, please pray I can endure the RASH WHIILE I KILL THIS BEAST!  The trade off''s can be frustrating...A TRUE FIGHT IS WHAT I'M UP AGAINST. ENDURANCE, STRENGTH, CALM, PEACE!

PS...had to start prednisone again so a bit jumpy.  Please pray I can someday put this all behind me.  Our family needs a break.

love you guys...wish I had a better update, but it is what it is.  At least I'm back on BRAF and feeling better than while off....i guess it means back to itchy and scratchy.  We knew it was going to be a fight and a fight it is turning out to be.  Happy to have my sister here.  I know BRAF works, we just need to pray I can tolerate the rash and it WORKS for a LONG time.  I have never ever been in so much pain.  MELANOMA LEAVE!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment