Tuesday, April 24, 2012

MIA---Tough Weekend!

Hi everyone ♥...I've missed you. MIA-I know, here's the happenings since my birthday:

1. Labored breathing, lungs filled with fluid...called IL-2 quits at dose #7 ( all I can do at this point is pray my body responds to the total of 17 doses of IL-2 with my T-cells. (1.8 billion, lower than we wanted which fueled my fight to push for more IL-2.

2. Like everyone, I don't care how it happens, I just want to hear NED! Goodbye Melanoma you nasty Monster!

3. Blood pressure sky-rocketed to a more than scary level...   180/109 (Oh my gosh!  My bottom # was nearly my normal top #)  Now, I've gone to super low BP to super HIGH BP---Both, feel LOUSY.

4. Then the excruciating headaches began which became debilitating. Looking at my phone hurt, the light in my room...a pain I've never experienced so naturally the psychological mind gets nervous and thinks "Oh no, BRAIN METS...and then fighting internally with myself not to think that way.

5. Fever hits, now think my PICC LINE may have an infection. We take it out and send it for culture...Waiting!

6. In the meantime, get a Peripheral IV because we "think" I'm going home soon like Sunday and BAM!  NOPE.

MY HIP PAIN RETURNS...the bad kind, the kind that made me so happy it was gone and made me think something was WORKING...

DAMN YOU MELANOMA AND YOUR MIND GAMES. I'M NOT SURE THE LESSON INTENDED FOR ME TO LEARN THIS TIME, BUT I'M OPEN...

Please cut this girl and all those fighting some slack. We are strong, but at some point:

WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH ALREADY! Ready for my REAL FAMILY VACATION...

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and your Friend Jen! Thank you for keeping us all posted. You're on my mind everyday!

    ReplyDelete