Friday, January 20, 2012

Interesting Article...

  I was informed and explained that Zelboraf could cause squamous cell carcinomas, but never saw it in an article.  Thank you to the Fowler's...thanks Fritz, he found this and sent it to me so I thought it fitting to post it to my blog.  They check me for carcinomas everytime I go in.  The study I talked about is one they use in the article using a BRAF like combo with the MEK inhibitor.  In my case, in order to qualify I need a tumor to biopsy and all my tumors have been removed for other therapies down the line.  The ones that are left are in my organs. Obv. we don't want to biopsy an organ.  Makes it tricky as I qualify for it in every other category.  I obv. don't want another melanoma, but this drug sounds promising.  If I do need a new path next month and there is a need to switch.....Yervoy aka. (Ipilimumab (also known as MDX-010 or MDX-101), marketed as Yervoy,) is also an option.  


http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120117191417.htm


KNOWLEDGE IS POWER....


At this point all this stuff is 2nd nature and the language of melanoma is so familiar that it's simple for me.  I was telling a friend the other day that sometimes I feel more at home at MDA than out in the real world....lol, I think I've been spending a lil too much time there, you think?  lol  I can definitely speak the language and it's nice to just feel understood sometimes.  They just understand me there and it's comforting....


love you all!


Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment