Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Rock, My Partner in Crime, My Everything... This is our Dance Jeffrey Dean-I love you!

There is no other man I would rather take this journey with than my husband.  I love you Jeffrey Dean Christie.  You are unlike any other.  We have been through everything together and we expect to kick Cancer's Bleep!  Live Fully, Love Completely, and DANCE.  Our DANCE is everyday!  All we have is now and what a gift to realize that at such a young age.  There is beauty in illness and when we silence this beast for a 2nd time how lucky are we to have the perspective and richness of LIFE and to LOVE the simplicity of everyday moments.  Our love is RAW and AUTHENTIC.  The silly desires don't matter...I am so lucky to live in contentment!

Here was a Facebook Status Update from me the other day and I feel like it says a lot:

.
As I navigate my way through this tumultuous disease, I find that everyday I must 

force myself to create a new path with new purpose. It's up to me to choose to that 

purpose and new direction because there are no constants. Everyday, a little 

lost. Everyday a new demon to silence.

That Is my purpose. To do just that, silence It and replace It with Faith and Calmness 

and something happy :-) I strive to have the strength and endurance to face it all 

gracefully. I am...I will. There are times when the only way that is possible is with help. 

So, thank you~
 



CHEERS TO YOU ALL!











SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY...THESE PICTURES ARE MEANINGFUL BECAUSE I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL A WEEK BEFORE THIS EVENT.  I BEAT THIS DISEASE ONCE AND WILL DO IT AGAIN.  WE WEREN'T EVEN SURE THEN THAT WE WOULD MAKE IT TO THIS DAY AND WE DID.  HAIR EXTENSIONS AND ALL.   ;-)  LIVING WITH THE COMPASSION TO REALIZE THAT EVERYONE WALKING DOWN THE STREET HAS A STORY.  TO AN OUTSIDER, THE HARDEST PART ABOUT THIS DISEASE IS I LOOK LIKE A NORMAL, HEALTHY MOM. NOBODY CAN SEE THE PAIN OR THE DISTRESS THAT IS HAPPENING INSIDE.  CANCER IS A SILENT DEMON THAT I AM COMMITTED TO HELPING PEOPLE SEE THE GIFTS THAT IT GIVES RATHER THAN THE DEMONS IT CREATES.  THERE ARE GIFTS, WE JUST NEED TO SEE THEM. <3  

1 comment:

  1. Jen,

    You have a true gift at inspiring others! I truly believe you are here on this earth to do just that! You are far from done, and this is why I BELIEVE you will beat this for the second time so the teacher in you can show other cancer patients how it is done and inspire them to fight the fight! You are awesome! I love you! Mitz

    ReplyDelete